First, you must complete defeat the Four Bandits quest as part of finding Amira.
If you've already received merchant permit, skip to step 4.
- Talk to the merchant to the right of the counter in the item shop in Iliasville.
- Go to Talus Hill. Find the merchant unconcious next to the Mandragora. Hand over some Full Moon Grass. Some can be received from the guard at the beginning of the hill by talking to him.
- Return to the merchant in Iliasville. Get the merchant permit.
- Talk to Vanilla in the Iliasburg item shop.
- Go back to the merchant in Iliasville and talk to him.
- Go back to Talos Hill and click on the tree with a sparkle on it and you'll find a beetle.
- Return to Vanilla and give her the beetle. She'll join you.
“I am the one called Vanilla. ‘Van’ seemed kind of dull so I added an illa to it.”
“The bat on the left is named Kosuke. The one on the right is Mori. Despite their names they're actually both girls, okay?”
“Vampires excel in the use of daggers. I’m not really that good with them though.”
“Vampires specialize in the lightning element. I must train so I can be like my great brethren!”
“High-ranking vampires actually make their own mantles out of magic. …Does that technically mean they’re naked?”
“I was actually born in the north, but I came south with my friends. Together we shall blanket this land in darkness, mwahaha!”
“Dragon Puppy keeps biting my mantle in her sleep. Now it’s all ruined...”
“I’m going treasure hunting again today. Yesterday I found this really smooth rock down by the river bed.”
“Yesterday I found three cicada husks. My collection grows more fearsome by the day.”
“Oh wait a minute, I just found the biggest pinecone! See, look at how huge this thing is!”
“Who do you think has bigger breasts, me or Tiny Lamia?”
- You - “Heh heh, yes indeed! You have a fine eye for breasts!” (+10 Affinity)
- Tiny Lamia - “T-that’s not true, you’re wrong! Screw your opinion, I’m gonna beat you up!” (-5 Affinity)
- There’s not much difference - “Argh! You have no idea what you’re talking about.” (-5 Affinity)
“Human! What is the most important thing to you?”
- Life - “I see. Then I shall suck the life out of you!”
- Friends - “Ooooh, you’re a good guy! My friends are the most important to me too!” (+10 Affinity)
- My beliefs - “Ooooh, that sounds cool! I mean, mwahaha! Impressive, human.” (+10 Affinity)
- Money - “Oh, well you’re boring. At least you’re honest, I guess.”
“What do you associate most strongly with vampires?”
- Bats - “Heh, we are not mere bats! We are vampires that feast on human blood!”
- Hating garlic - “Well, yeah, but can’t you at lest think of something cool instead?”
- Nocturnal Nobles - “Heh heh, that is quite correct. And you shall become food for my noble desires!” (+10 Affinity)
- Big breasts - “T-that’s just a stupid stereotype! Vampires don’t all have big boobs, okay!?” (-5 Affinity)
“Human! What time do you usually go to sleep? I’m uh… awake all the time of course! For I am a noble creature of the night!”
- 6PM - “W-whoa, that’s early. That’s like right when the sun sets! You literally go to bed with the sun.”
- 10PM - “Heh, I see. So… sleeping at 10 is normal right? Just to make sure...”
- I actually pull all-nighters pretty often - ”Wow, that’s so mature! I’ll be like that too someday!” (+10 Affinity)
- I do not require sleep - “Huh!? Are you even human?! You’re scaring me...” (-5 Affinity)
“Behold my treasures! Rocks, pinecones, and cicada husks! What do you think?”
- Wow, that’s awesome! - “Yes, they are quite impressive aren’t they? I want to open a shop one day and sell things like this.” (+10 Affinity)
- Meh - “R-really? But I worked really hard to gather this stuff...” (-5 Affinity)
“I want blood, but I can restrict myself to milk. My breasts might grow too...” (Give Milk?)
- Yes - “Gulp, gulp, gulp… I wonder how much I should drink to have a bigger breast?” (+20 Affinity)
- No- “You are the enemy of breasts...”
“I became numb from my own electrical discharges… A Full Moon Grass… please...” (Give Full Moon Grass?)
- Yes - “...Thank you...” (+30 Affinity)
- No - “Auuuuuuu… I’m nu-nu-nu-nu-numb...” (Vampire Girl is paralyzed!)
“I want a new ribbon, so give me some money.” (Give 36G?)
- Yes - “Yeah, I can buy a new ribbon!” (+25 Affinity)
- No - “My ribbon...”
“I found this tingly rock while treasure hunting the other day. It might help you out if you use it.” (+1 Thunder Stone)
“I’ll grant you this jet black cloth. You too, wear it and flap it like wings.” (+1 Makeshift Black Cape)
“Kuku, I’ll show you some mercy. Be grateful...” (+60G)
Recruiting Vanilla allows access to an item store. Complete stages of her side quest to access a larger inventory. Keep in mind that entering New Game+ resets her inventory expansions.
Vanilla: "Welcome to the Monster Lord branch of Vanilla's Shop! Even friends have to pay, no exceptions from us merchants."
Rami: "My breasts are so heavy I can't fly..."
Vanilla: "That's all you have to say? Go to hell."
Rami: "Waa, so cruel! That's not nice."
Vanilla: "Having to look at THOSE is not nice to me! They're enough to make me cry..."
Teeny: "Still flat..."
Vanilla: "A perfect washboard..."
Note: If you bring Gob, this dialogue will appear.
Gob: "What are you two talking about? Looking at your breasts like that..."
Teeny: "We're bonding over our common plight!"
Vanilla: "Shut up, Gob! Yours aren't THAT much bigger!"
Note: If you bring Papi, this dialogue will appear.
Papi: "Mine have grown a bit!"
Teeny: "So eating meat really does help!?"
Vanilla: "From now on, I'll eat meat too!"
Note: Bring Teeny or Vanilla and the other two Heavenly Bandits, and you'll get the full dialogue.
Gob: "Vanilla, I found a star-shaped stone. Here, it's for you!"
Vanilla: "Waa, such an unusual stone! Kukuku, it must be very valuable."
Gob: "No, it's just a plain old rock from over there..."
Vanilla: "Ho-how would you know!? I could get a lot of money out of it."
Papi: "Rawr! One of my fangs fell out! Is it molting season already?
Vanilla: "Give it to me so I can put it in the shop! Dragon fangs fetch a high price."
Vanilla: "Ah... Your claws are so long too, I'll cut them for you. They're worth a lot, and your scales..."
Papi: "At this rate, you will sell my entire body..."
Wilhemina: "I am an apostle of the night... Come, let us dance in darkness."
Wilhemina: "If you're a vampire, you must come up with a signature phrase as soon as possible. Or you will regret it during an important scene."
Vanilla: "I see, I must think it over with my friends!"
Fatima: "Ah, Alucart. I am truly indebted to you for your assistance."
Alucart: "Your Majesty! I am truly grateful for the name you have given me!"
Fatima: "Kukuku, are those tears of joy? You are a very lucky child."
Alucart: "Thank you so much!"
She is required in the "Amira's life advice" and "Tiny Bandit Game Club" scenes.
Vanilla: "Oh! What a beautiful stone!"
Vanilla picks up rocks.
Vanilla: "Kosuke! Mori! Wait for me!"
Vanilla plays with her servant bats.
Vanilla: "I will make this land mine..."
Vanilla scribbles on the ground...
Vanilla: "Sip, sip, sip."
Vanilla discharges electricity from their body!
[Lightning spell at a random enemy]
Vanilla: "This mushroom looks delicious!"
Vanilla picked up a poisonous mushroom...
[+1 Poisonous Mushroom]
- The nickname "Alucart" given to Vanilla by Fatima is likely a reference to the Alucart gear from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.
- One possible reason of giving her that nickname is that Fatima is the Queen of Vampires and sees Vanilla as something of a daughter-figure, which is parallel to Count Dracula and his dhampir son, Alucard. However, unlike their Castlevania counterparts, Fatima and Vanilla remain on good terms with one another.
- The name "Alucart" is a playoff on the name "Alucard", which is "Dracula" spelled backwards.
- This nickname will also be her name in the menu if you are in the the Vampire Cafe with her in your party. This will be changed back to normal once you exit the cafe.