Sonya Mazda Battle Theme
She’s the semifinal boss of the Alice storyline in the mid chapter, formed when Sonya Apoptosis absorbs power from Gnosis. She later evolved into Sonya Chaos after absorbing additional power from Morrigan.
‘Sonya after awakening as an XX-type Apoptosis, her absorption of Holy energy has changed her into this form. Although she boasts tremendous power, there are many uncertainties surrounding her existence, most of which are shrouded in mystery.’
- Attack – One Foe
- Garden of Earthly Delights – All Foes, Auto-Hit, Holy, Pleasure Attribute, Seduction 50%
- Sun Aerial – 4 Random Foes, Auto-Hit, Holy Attribute, Ascension 10%, + 200 Speed, 8 MP
- Spiral Light Spear – All Foes, Auto-Hit, Physical/Holy Attribute, Ascension 10%, +200 Speed
- Grand Cross – All Foes, Auto-Hit, Holy Attribute, Ascension 10%, 10 MP
- Snowstorm Breath – All Foes, Auto-Hit, Ice Attribute, Freeze 10%
- Great Flood – All Foes, Auto-Hit, Water Attribute
- Holy Flare – One Foe, Auto-Hit, Holy Attribute, Ascension 10%, 18 MP
- Enhance Guard – Self Buff, +50% Defence for 6 turns
- Zero Shift – All Foes, Auto-Hit, Dispel, 5 Turns Cooldown, 20 MP
Almost all her attacks auto-hit, so evasion won’t help at all. On top of that, all the Holy based attacks can inflict Ascension, bypassing any deflectors you’ve set up. Therefore, one should bring a team resistant to both Holy and Ascension. If you can, since the Holy elemental attacks take mana to use, draining her mana will waste her turn if she tries using them, leaving only 4 moves she can use out of her 10. Draining her mana also makes her unable to use Zero Shift, preventing it from dispelling your useful buffs. As for attacking her, she’s weak to Pleasure, Dark and Sonic, of which Pleasure should be the one you should have the most of.
‘Hello, this is Ilias from F22643. Which world’s Luka are you? Sonya Mazda seems to be of the Holy element. She uses various elemental attacks and she’s hard to deal with. She’s strong against Fire, Ice and Thunder, but Pleasure is her weakness. Seems like she possesses the same attributes as an angel. Status ailments rarely affect her. I guess there’s no choice but to fight her without them… End of transmission, Luka from another world. This is the last message from F22643. Farewell, and keep on fighting Luka, wherever you are. From F22643, this is my last goodbye.’
- Her name makes a reference to Ahura Mazda which is the Avestan name for the creator and sole God of Zoroastrianism, the old Mede and Persian religion. Ahura Mazda is described as the highest spirit of worship in Zoroastrianism, along with being the first and most frequently invoked spirit in the Yasna.
- The literal meaning of the word Mazda is wisdom.