After being recruited, Vanilla sets up a shop in the Pocket Castle. This allows you to buy the merchandise of most item shops without having to navigate through the cities or villages. The shop’s inventory starts with few virtually useless items, but the shop’s stock grows steadily as you advance through this quest.
Her full inventory contains the following
|Full Moon Grass||15|
|Thread of Guidance||35|
|Red Fire Stone||500|
|Blue Ice Stone||500|
|Yellow Thunder Stone||500|
|Green Wind Stone||500|
|Orange Earth Stone||500|
|Blue Water Stone||500|
|White Holy Stone||500|
|Black Dark Stone||500|
This quest can be started as soon as Vanilla is recruited, but several seemingly unrelated actions need to be taken to finish it. These include the saving the merchant from Talus Hill, recruitment of Mini, curing the harpy epidemic and getting the healing seashell for the dark elf in Enrika. Vanilla needs to be in party when you’re talking with her future trading partners.
1. Save the Talus Hill merchant.
2. Recruit Vanilla (if you started an NG+ and want to restock the shop, you need to go through the process of recruiting her again or the following won’t trigger).
3. Buy an item from Vanilla’s shop.
4. Talk to the merchant from Iliasville who sent you to Talus (Adds herb to the shop, gives Little shop of horas achievement).
5. Buy another item.
6. Talk to the merchant from 4. again.
7. Talk to the Mandragora at Talus Hill (Adds Antidote Grass, Full Moon Grass and Eye Drops).
8. Buy item.
9. Talk to Mini in the castle (Phoenix Tail).
10. Buy item.
11.Talk to the harpy in the Harpy Village item shop (Harpy Feather, Thread of Guidance).
12. Buy item.
13. Talk to the storehouse keeper in alternate world Rostrum (Fire Stone, Ice Stone and Thunder Stone).
14. Buy item.
15. Talk to the dark elf in Enrika item shop (Echo Grass, Restoratives).
16. Buy item.
17. Talk to Ilias Port shopkeeper.
18. Talk to the samurai in the Ilias Temple job explanation room (Shurikens, A nice shop achievement).
19. Buy item.
20. Talk to San Ilia shopkeeper.
21. Talk to Elka in Monte Carlo (High grade herbs).
22. Go talk to Sabasa shopkeeper (Boost Drink, Lucky Mallet, Holy Water, Wind Stone, Earth Stone, Water Stone).
23. Buy item.
24. Talk to the samurai again (Fuma Shurikens).
25. Buy item.
27. Go get the Ugly Stone from Saloon’s Abandoned Mine and give it to her.
28. Go back to Witch Hunt and give the shopkeeper the Ugly Stone (Holy Stone, Dark Stone, Fully stocked shop achievement).
29. Buy item or talk to her in Pocket Castle with in her party.
30. Talk to Scorpion at Sabasa Pyramid (Golden Needles).
32. Talk to Cornelia in Pocket Castle (Grimoire Pages).
33. Buy item or talk to her in Pocket Castle with her in party.
34. Talk to Mermaid Merchant in Plansect Village (Green Wind, Orange Earth and Blue Water Stones).
35. Buy item or talk to her in Pocket Castle with her in party.
36. Talk to Grangold Item Shop Owner. Talk to Female Mage in Grangold Storehouse (Red Fire, Blue Ice and Yellow Lightning Stones).
37. Buy item or talk to her in Pocket Castle with her in party.
38. Talk to Succubus Village Item Shop (De-Love Potion and Potatoes).
39. Buy item or talk to her in Pocket Castle with her in party.
40. Talk to Elf merchant in Yamatai Snake Shrine after retrieving the Red Orb.
41. She will ask you to give her a Silver Dragon Statue. You can find it in the Monster Lord’s Castle in the 4th Tartarus, inside the room with some pile of gold.
42. Go back to the Elf merchant and give her the Silver Dragon Statue (White Holy and Black Dark Stones).
43. Buy item or talk to her in Pocket Castle with her in party.
44. Talk Snow Heaven Item Shop Owner.
45. She will ask you to find a Spirit Powder. You can find it in the temple south of Snow Heaven.
46. Go back to the Angel, and give her the Spirit Powder (Miracle Drug).
47. Talk to her back at the castle. Unlock Achievement Vanilla’s Great Shop