Reaper’s Battle Theme
Reaper or Death is a unique NPC encountered in Monster Girl Quest: Paradox. Her current relevance to the plot is unknown, other than to guide Luka’s soul back to earth, but she does provide unique services to Luka. Should Luka die, his soul will be sent to Hades, where Reaper will direct him to a pentagram which will resurrect him at the last place he prayed. If he tries to leave Hades, through the tunnel of light instead, she’ll tell him there is no turning back from there and forces him away.
Upon first meeting Reaper, she will be surprised to see him in the flesh rather than in an incorporeal form. But then she notices the key and understands that this is the White Rabbit’s doing, not that she minds much. She does explain to him that he is the only one who can perceive this area of space-time, most people are unaware of its existence. Yes, even Ilias. The comrades with him in Hades aren’t truly there. They are merely a construct of Luka’s mind. His real companions are waiting outside the entrance to Hades, where they see Luka staring at the wall where the door actually is.
Reaper then explains that the debris of space-time itself accumulates in this area. However, this is Luka’s own Hades, and thus his memories of past events gather here. Luka’s memories are why each of the bosses he fought in the past can be fought again in Hades. She does get annoyed if Luka summons Adramelech to Hades, though she allows it. If only for Luka to practice.
Reaper is capable of changing the “Fundamentals of the world", which means the difficulty.
If Luka challenges Reaper, she questions his sanity and refuses to fight him personally. She does, however, provide him with a copy of Monster Lord. Alice XVI as a test to see if he is worth her time. If Luka manages to beat the copied Alice XVI, Reaper will be impressed by his skill and deems him worthy of her time after all. If Luka defeats her, she will congratulate Luka, but states that it accomplished nothing in this plane of existence. She suggests putting his power to better use. It’s also worth noting that Reaper wasn’t using her full power.
She also offers a Battle Challenge where Luka and his companions, giving out various rewards depending on the damage done.
Reaper can allow Luka to begin his adventures anew, through New Game+. But only after you beat the game. All of his companions, levels, and gear will go with him, but he will be sent back to the start of Part 1. If Luka does, she will refer to him as “Space shota”, before sending him back.
She also provides the service of erasing all men from his companions, though, she questions why he would want to. If you pick 'I changed my mind', she will give an option to not do anything, remove some men, or remove every male character like previously selected. By picking some, the following characters will be removed: Kockyoin, Scat Captain, Panty Sensei, Samson, John, and Pilate.
Upon finishing Part 2, Reaper will unlock the Labyrinth of Chaos. The end game dungeon of Paradox. She also says that Chaosization is even encroaching in Hades, which could prove quite problematic if left unchecked.
“The ruler of the Netherworld, she is an administrator who controls death. Her power reaches the realm of godhood, and although her existence is certainly beyond the scope of humanity, her identity and purpose are unknown.”
- Attack – One Foe, Normal Attack
- Reaper’s Requiem – All Foes, Physical Attribute, Death 75%, Magic Down 50%, Willpower Down 50%
- 13 Punisher - One Foe, Physical Attribute, Death 50%, Magic Down 50%, Willpower Down 50%
- Reaper’s Scythe - One Foe, Physical, Death 100%
- Scythe of Confusion - All Foes, Physical, Sonic Attribute, Confusion 75%
- Flames of Hell - All Foes, Magical, Fire Attribute, Burn 10%
- Membrane's Requiem - All Foes, Pleasure Attribute, HP Drain
- ???? – One Foe, Auto-Hit, Current User Missing HP, Learnable
- Butterfly Effect – One Foe, Auto-Hit, Demise Attribute, Death (80%), Learnable
Her greatest weakness comes from her techniques: She doesn't have a single auto-hit attack. If you can prevent magical (carbuncle from summoner) and gather a high enough dodge (Sky Dance from wing harpy/ Waning Moon Dance from White Snake Kagura with a skill to decrease damages from pleasure), she won't be able to harm you. Just be sure to keep them up, and you will carry through just fine. Alternatively or furthermore, as all her attacks only hit once: barriers (Vicarious Clara...) are an available and even handy strategy.
On the offensive side, keep in mind that she's more resistant to ice, lightning, pleasure and dark, so you should avoid those elements. Status effects are uneffective as well, so hitting her with raw power can do just as fine.
If you don't have an absolutely broken team/Character, keep in mind that this battle can take some time, and prepare your equipment (with mana management in particular) accordingly.
"Category error 666. Message not found.
Booting into safe mode
……reboot preparations competed.
Reboot now? Y / N"
Reboot now? Y / N"
- Reaper is, of course, based off the Grim Reaper, originating from 14th century England during the bubonic plague.
- Even though she is not an Apoptosis, she is the only boss monster with no proper Evaluation should Luka fail to beat her.
- She and the White Rabbit have similar time-space abilities, like pulling a monster from another dimension (Alice for Reaper, Bunny for the White Rabbit)
- If Luka decides to start his adventures again, there will be characters who will encounter a clone version of them and will get surprised on how they are the same.
- The discussion with the White Rabbit in the upcoming event reveal that the New Game+ option may exist story wise.
- During the Collaboration Scenario, she will revive any dead hero just as if he was Luka, although there are no evaluations and only the smallest comment when she revives Kazuya should the latter fail to escape Myusca
- An apoptosis version of her appears amongst the Apostle of Chaos showed by Apiro Lagos. Her relation with her is unknown.