Seraph Gnosis (グノーシス, Gunōshisu) is one of the Three Seraphim, fighting closer to her full power.
She reflects Physical Type Attacks and absorbs Holy.
- Attack – One Foe
- Proselytising Fellatio – One Foe (Luka), Pleasure Attribute
- Hyperion – One Foe, Auto-Hit, 3 Turn Cooldown
- Anti-Particle Railgun – All Foes, Auto-Hit, Quantum Attribute, 3 Turn Cooldown
- MLRS – All Foes, Fire Attribute, Burn 10%, 3 Turn Cooldown
- Wave Cannon – All Foes, Auto-Hit, Hadron Attribute, 3 Turn Cooldown
- Holy Flare – One Foe, Auto-Hit, Holy Attribute, Ascension 10%, 3 Turn Cooldown, 18 MP
- Beam Scythe – Random 5 Foes, Auto-Hit, 3 Turn Cooldown
- All Cancel – All Foes, Auto-Hit, Dispel, 5 Turn Cooldown, 6 MP
Similar to how World breaker is much harder than Judgement, his counterpart, Gnosis is harder to fight than Zion. Despite also being an angel, Gnosis only has one Holy attack, that of Holy Flare. She instead uses many Makina skills which, while not as dangerous as Holy spells most of the time, typically are auto-hit and don’t cost MP. Therefore, you can’t mana drain Gnosis and expect many free turns: she’ll lose All Cancel and Holy Flare, but that’s all. The rest of her attacks are mostly Physical Auto-Hit with 2 exceptions – Wave Cannon and Anti-Particle Railgun, which use Chaos elements instead. If this is your first time encountering them, the gist of it is that these elements bypass Nulls/Absorbs/Reflects of their respective elemental type. For example, ‘Hadron’ is Wind. If you were to have a member with Null Wind (likely though Cosmic Taoist), Hadron will strike through it. Anyway, the only way to avoid damage is to use a deflector (though some later super bosses will still damage you through it) or reach 100% Chaos resist through LoC gear (note that you can’t see what your current resists are for Chaos type elements).
Back to fighting Gnosis – she has a rather glaring weakness to Silence and Confusion. However, Silence will only get rid of Holy Flare and All Cancel – moves that can be removed by mana draining, so it’s useless. Confusion is more useful, as inflicting it, even if she snaps out of it, wastes a turn. With a myriad ways to keep her Confused, this fight is a walk in the park. However, take care that you use Magic or Auto-Hit type moves when attacking, as she reflects Physical Type Attacks (basically any Weapon Skills: Sword/Axe/Spear that aren’t auto-hit) and absorbs Holy.